The IWC/ DBF Young Writer Delegates Programme 2019
We invite ambitious young writers aged 18-26 to apply for this extraordinary opportunity to attend and contribute to Dublin Book Festival as IWC/DBF Young Writer Delegates.
Programme Description: Now in its second year, the IWC Young Writer Delegates Programme is intended to give young writers an opportunity to immerse themselves in a literature festival, soak up the atmosphere and to contribute to it as active participants. The selected four young writers will be given festival passes and four days of full literary immersion in its events and activities.
During this period, they will be supported by an IWC facilitator and local writer mentor to reflect on the festival and share their views via DBF and the IWC’s social media platforms.
When: 14 – 17 November 2019 (inclusive)
Eligibility: This programme is open to writers aged 18-26 living anywhere on the island of Ireland with strong interest in writing, reading and an ambition to connect with and contribute to the Irish literary scene.
Please note: There are no accommodation costs provided but travel expenses of up to €100 will be offered to participants travelling from more than 40km to the festival, pending travel receipts.
How to Apply: You will need to send:
- A short cover letter including home postal address saying clearly and concisely why you would like to be selected as a Young Writer Delegate and how you think you can contribute to the festival using social media or other platforms to draw attention to the festival.
- A Curriculum Vitae (max. two A4 pages) including any written work which may have been published online or in print.
- Two differing samples of work (max. 500 words each)
Compile ALL of the above into a single attachment in Word or pdf and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incorrect formatting will disqualify. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement upon receipt of applications.
Criteria for selection:
- Eligibility – Participants must be resident on the island of the Ireland for a period of not less than two years.
- Intent – the cover letter expressing the applicant’s intent and reason for taking part is key in informing our decisions. Be sure to tell us your ideas on how your presence as a delegate will add value to the festival.
- Geography – we are seeking applications from all over the island.
- Incomplete or late applications cannot be not considered
Application Deadline: Thursday 19 September 2019, at 5pm